Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new "I think I have time for this" project. I really know that I don't have time for this... but we'll see what happens.

A little background - I'm Angie - a wife, a business owner and a mom.

My husband works a lot, I work from home at my marketing/graphic design business and we have 4 kids. All under 6 years old. My mom, who also has 4 kids (I'm the oldest), told me -- after #3, not to do it. But, the stars and a few too many vodka cranberries aligned to make baby #4, currently an almost 6 month old with a 2 distinct moods, happy and royally pissed off. I guess I might be a bit miffed if I was last in line for everything too, and in all fairness he has to be loud to be heard around here.

I've always wanted to blog, I actually have one for my business, but it seems like work... too much researchy-ness not enough B.S. so I don't do much w/ that one. This seems more like a hobby, and now that my hubby is working a crazy 3 shift rotation, I find myself with many a lonely boring night after the kiddos are asleep. So this will be my excuse not to do the dishes once in a while.

My idea behind this blog is to share some tidbits (helpful or not) about parenting and all the things those experienced parents forgot to mention when you announced you were trying for #1.

Here's my first tidbit -- they didn't forget. Especially if the experienced parents you know are the friends that used to join you on your fun weekends out, last minute trips here and there or sleeping in on any day off work. Trust me they didn't forget. And while they are probably truely happy for you and your so-to-be new addition. They didn't tell you this stuff because secretly they are so happy they no longer have hear about all the fun you're having while they are at home burping, changing, potty training etc.

After you have the kid, you'll find their are two types of parents. To keep it easy... there are REAL PARENTS and there are "CRAZY COMPETITIVE THIS IS MY DREAM COME TRUE MY CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS ANGELS AND MY HOUSE IS ALWAYS CLEAN" parents, otherwise known as "DELUSIONAL PARENTS" . The "real parents" will be a great asset for you - while the delusional ones will be a source of entertainment. No one can be a perfect parent, and even if you think you are - when your kids grow up they will tell you differently. Best to not try too hard and just enjoy the chaos that children bring with them.

As you might have figured, I'm in the real parent group - and this blog will showcase all the "realness" you could ever want. Hopefully, I'll find time to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment